11. October 2005 -- Cardiac Bruins, as the football team came to be called on bruinsnation.com, has four come from behind victories in the fourth quarter out of five October weekends. I lose years off my life and the infamous Penn State screamfest occurs.
10. September 1, 2008 -- UCLA football's first game with Rick Neuheisal as coach turns out to be an overtime win. I stay up until 1 am watching it on a Monday night.
9. March 17, 2003 -- Steve Lavin's reign of mediocrity ends.
8. January 24, 2008 -- Kevin Love goes home to face Oregon during his one season as a Bruin. Viciously abused by the Oregon students' section, Love leads UCLA to an 80-75 victory.
7. May 13, 2007 -- UCLA becomes the first university to achieve 100 titles.
6. April 5, 2008 -- UCLA plays in its third Final Four in three years. I nearly get in a fist fight during the game with a Memphis fan, but decide being a poor loser is not very UCLA of me.
5. March 24, 2007 -- UCLA defeats the University of Kansas in the Elite Eight. It is the last game I watch with my father.
4. December 2, 2006 -- UCLA 13, USC 9 as the Bruins ruin USC's season and prevent them from getting to the BCS championship. I lose my voice.
3. April 3, 2006 -- UCLA plays for its 12th basketball title and gets creamed by University of Florida.
2. March 31, 2007 -- I travel to Atlanta to watch UCLA lose to Florida in the Final Four. I end up seated in a Florida section.
1. March 23, 2006 -- UCLA comes from a 17 point deficit to beat Gonzaga in the Sweet Sixteen, causing Adam Morrison to weep on the court before the game was even over.
Hurdle hints and answers for August 9, 2026
16 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment